Updated: January 1, 2020
- comis both a magazine and a website. We offer free access to our magazine, including a digital version of our magazine that is available on our website.
- We receive personal information from you in a variety of ways. This information can come from what you give us directly, such as through a subscription, a newsletter sign-up, or a website comment. This information can also come from what you do not give us directly, such as data gathered by third parties (including advertisers) based on your browsing habits.
- We use your behavior while on the comwebsite to serve you additional content that you might like. In other words, we match your content selections with similar selections that you have not yet read. We hope this makes your website experience more rewarding.
- You can control the information you give us. You can manage all of the information relative to your subscription on our Customer Care website. You can unsubscribe from any e-mail series we send you. (You can do this directly within the e-mail.) You can opt out of targeted advertising as well (see the Network Advertising Initiativeand Digital Advertising Alliance).
- By subscribing to any of our digital-product offerings you accept our terms and agree to be tracked via login and other on-site actions deemed appropriate by the Publisher to deliver you the digital service you have requested.
GENERAL STATEMENT ABOUT DATA COLLECTION & TARGETED ADVERTISING
We and third parties may use technologies called beacons or pixels that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and e-mails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a specific e-mail message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and determine the IP address of your device. We and third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, such as analyzing the use of our services and providing content and ads that are of greater relevance to you.
You may opt-out of receiving targeted advertising by visiting websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information you provide directly to us:
You are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view financereports24.com. However, when you use certain functions of the website, such as when you register for certain services, access certain content or features, or directly contact us, we may ask you to provide information, including:
- contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number;
- username and password;
- information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- search queries conducted on the comwebsite; and
- correspondence you send to us.
Information automatically collected when you visit and interact with the financereports24.com website:
When you visit and interact with financereports24.com, certain information may be collected automatically, including:
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- your browser type and operating system;
- the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the Site;
- activities within community discussions;
- web pages and advertisements that you view, and links that you click on;
- your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer;
- aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing;
- standard server log information; and
- information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms), including:
- if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) through the comwebsite, your username and connection lists for those services;
- demographic data, such as age range, gender, and interests;
- advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad; and
- unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that we may combine the information that we collect with information we obtain from third-party sources.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as editorial updates, information about your account or changes to financereports24.com, and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners’ products and services. If you signed up for one of our e-mail newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested.
In order to provide our readers with free access to our content, we display advertisements on the financereports24.com website, many of which are targeted based on information about you. For example, using information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other sources, we may use demographic data or information about your online activities or interests to display targeted advertising that may be relevant to your preferences. Through this process, advertisers reach financereports24.com visitors who are most interested in their products, and you see advertising for products or services in which you may be interested.
To provide you with an open, but also civil, discussion forum, we track user involvement in our community discussions. For example, we may delete comments per our comment-moderation guidelines in order to maintain civil and open discussions.
We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for products, services, and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer-service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the site such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
financereports24.com values your privacy, and shares information about our users only under certain circumstances. We will make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people in the circumstances listed below:
- We may employ third parties to perform com-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- We may share information gathered from our subscribers with select third-party vendors who assist us and other parties with promoting and marketing products and analyzing data. This might include customer research, management of customer databases, promotional mailings or other targeted promotions. This information may include your name, address, or e-mail address. You may request at any time that we do not share your name, address, or other information with these third parties by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personalinformation in public activities or submissions.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the financereports24.com website.
To customize your experience on the financereports24.com website and to simplify our registration process, we provide you with the opportunity to access or interact with third-party services, such as Facebook and Twitter. When you connect to the site through these third-party services, we may share information about you with these third-party service providers and they may share data about you with us.
In addition, if you connect to a Facebook account, your experience on the site may be personalized. For example, you may automatically see what stories are popular in your network, and what your friends are saying about particular stories. Please note that you may disconnect third-party accounts at any time.
Please remember that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all third-party service providers.
Deactivating your account:
You can deactivate your account at any time (please use the service through which you signed in). When you deactivate your account, your user profile will be disabled, but your public comments will remain on the site. financereports24.com has no responsibility to take down, remove, or edit any of your public activities or any submissions that are a result of your public activities.
Cookies and other technologies:
As discussed above, cookies and other technologies, as well as third-party advertisers, may collect information about you.
- Cookies:You can change your browser settings to reject all cookies, accept only certain cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that you may need to renew these settings if you delete your cookies after these preferences are made. These settings also may not apply if you are using a different computer or Internet browser.
- NAI:In addition, many third-party advertising networks are members of the Network Advertising Initiative. To opt out of having information collected by NAI member companies used for behavioral advertising, to obtain information about the technologies these ad networks might use, and to view information regarding their privacy policies, please go here.
- Flash Cookies: You can control how Flash cookies are used by visiting the Adobe Macromedia site, located here. Adobe enables you to allow some Flash cookies from certain websites, limit Flash cookies’ storage capacity, and disallow Flash cookies altogether. In addition, if you use Mozilla Firefox for your Internet browser, you can download the BetterPrivacy add-on to automatically delete your Flash cookies every time you close your browser.
If you opt out of these technologies, you will continue to see advertising displayed on financereports24.com, but the advertising may not be targeted to your interests.
CONFIDENTIALITY & SECURITY
We limit access to contact information about you to employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We also have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. We want you to feel confident using the financereports24.com website, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your California Privacy Rights: Residents of California may request a list of third parties to which certain personal information (as defined by applicable California law) obtained through a Digital Service was disclosed by financereports24.com during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct-marketing purposes. For all requests, you must state “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you must attest to the fact that you are a California resident and you must provide a current California address for our response. Please also indicate in your request the name of the Digital Service to which your request applies. Please note that we will not accept requests via telephone, e-mail, or by facsimile, and that we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Do Not Track: At this time financereports24.com does not take steps to respond to browsers “Do Not Track” signals as no uniform standard to respond to such signals has been developed at this time.